Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, October 02, 2016

TMHU September 2016



The next-to-last radio show of the year is probably my favorite of the year. For my birthday this year, I received a Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 controller, which -- despite the "pro" in the name -- is a pretty basic, low-end DJ controller. But it's compact, pretty simple to use, and suits my purposes just fine (i.e. making mixes for radio & Mixcloud). I shelled out for the full version of Serato for nearly 50% off during a sale weekend and that allows me to record mixes very easily right in the program. 

At first I was only noticing a marginal difference in the quality of my mixes and nearly no difference in the amount of show production time. However, as the year went on, I spent some time making shorter mixes and getting the hang of it, I could actually hear an improvement (and I spent less time re-recording stuff). 

It's by no means perfect. I still need to work on balancing levels during transitions and maybe throw in some more creative transitions as well, but I'm not disappointed in the results so far. Take a listen, check the playlist, and enjoy!


No comments: