Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Filler Post #69 - My kinda deal

It's Saturday night. Instead of being at the 8bit art show, I'm about 30 minutes into making the best mixtape of my life. So far...

Why? Because I'm getting probably several hundred euros worth of graphic design for my radio show in return. I actually don't know how to attach value to something like this, but my eyes liked what they saw and my ears heard that it was at least a weekend's worth of work (just for the draft). That's intense. But the result for the draft work was fucking awesome and I can't wait to reveal it to y'all.

I told the person doing the art that I could offer them at least a home cooked meal and/or a couple of cases of beer at least -- since hundreds of euros are not something that I have right now at my disposal. The response was that they just like to make art, however, they'd appreciate a music mix, so they can listen to stuff while doing the drawings.

Holy fuck. This is like the first time in a long while that someone as asked me to make them a mix. So, I'm going to put together a fabulous 2 hours of music. All thought out and shit. The works. At first it was just going to be about an hour and twenty minutes, which -- if you're not limited to a CD or something -- is the perfect length (IMHO). But, it blossomed into a full 2 hours (40 tracks).

Sometimes I wish people would ask me to make them mixes more often. I can't even begin to tell you how good a feeling that is. On the other hand, I don't want to spend every Saturday night at home making personalized mixes for people.

But it's gonna be such a joy for their ears. That's for goddamn sure.

No comments: